Bitter Melon Recipes For Diabetes. An organic diabetes cure can be found in bitter melon that is great for diabetes treatment. It is well known that it helps to prevent or combat type 2 diabetes. Study in India has found that it increases insulin sensitivity as well being medicinal plant that can lower elevated blood glucose levels. Bitter melon consists of a lectin that has an insulin-like activity. The lectin lowers blood glucose concentrations and is the major contributor to the hypoglycaemic effect that evolves after eating and helps with the onset of adult diabetes and is a natural diabetes treatment.
More information about Bitter Melon Recipes For Diabetes
Bitter melon or nasty gourd is a exotic and subtropical vine from the family Cucurbitaceae that is widely grown in Africa, Asia and the Caribbean and is an edible fruit that is among the most nasty of most fruits.
This fruit is usually consumed when it is cooked in the green or earlier yellowing stage. The young shoots and leaves can also be eaten as greens. The fruit of bitter melon has a bumpy exterior that looks very much like a cucumber and the interior is a colour of yellow and orange. Right now there are a few different varieties of bitter melon and the colours differ from a creamy white to dark green.
There are ingredients in this fruit which may have lowering outcomes on your blood sugar levels. Some of the benefits for diabetes treatment are:
- It is rich in iron
- Has a positive effect in lowering your total cholesterol
- Is an anti-oxidant that protects your kidneys and other organs from damages
- The fruit juices from bitter melon can improve your blood sugar intolerance
- Intensify the production of insulin from the pancreas
- Lowering of urine sugar levels
- Provides twice the beta carotene of brokkoli
- Has twice the calcium of spinach
- Has twice the potassium of bananas
- Contains Vitamins C and B1 to B3
- Comes with an anti-tumour broker, and
- Inhibits HIV-1 attacks
There are three known groups of constituents in bitter melon that include a combination of steroidal saponins known as charantin, insulin-like peptides, and alkaloids. It is not known concerning which of these have the most effect on reducing the blood sugar or whether all three work best together. However, it is fair to say that bitter melon added to your diet will improve your glucose tolerance without increasing your blood insulin levels and it will improve fasting blood glucose levels.
This is easy to see how a natural diabetes remedy can be found in bitter melon for diabetes treatment and how it is an efficient additive to your management plan for diabetes.
Bitter Melon Recipes For Diabetes
Here’s a simple and quick way to make bitter gourd juice for diabetes at home.
- 2-3 fresh bitter gourds
- ½ lime
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- A pinch of pink Himalayan salt
How To Prepare:
- Wash the bitter gourd and peel the skin. If the peel does not bother you, do not peel it.
- Slit the bitter gourds vertically and take out the rind and the seeds. Roughly chop them into smaller pieces. Make sure that the bitter gourds are not ripe.
- Soak them in a bowl of water for 10 minutes. Add half a teaspoon of salt to the water.
- Take out the bitter gourd pieces with the help of a large spoon or sieve and toss them into a juicer. Give it a good spin.
- Pour the juice into a glass, add pink Himalayan salt, turmeric, and lime juice. Stir well before drinking
Note: You may pass the juice through a sieve or strainer if you have a sensitive stomach and cannot process high-fiber foods.
Apart from drinking bitter gourd juice in the morning, you can also incorporate it in your diet. Is that possible? Yes! Let’s get creative.